A Tragedy in Melbourne

A Tragedy in Melbourne

A few weeks ago, long-time JewishMOM.com reader Rebbetzin Mina Gordon wrote to share some very sad news. Her adorable 2-year-old grandson Yehoshua Binyomin (Shua) Cyrulnik had died several days after choking on a jelly sandwich. In honor of the Shloshim, Shua’s siblings made this video capturing how, even at such a young age, Shua loved doing mitzvot. This video reminded me how beautiful it is to educate even very young children to love holiness, as Shua clearly did. Since I watched this video, I’ve tried to be more careful about reciting blessings etc. with my own youngest. May the mitzvot inspired by this video provide an aliya for Shua’s pure neshama. And may the Gordon and Cyrulnik families find comfort for this terrible loss and enjoy only happy occasions from now on!

4 comments

  1. Mina Esther Gordon

    Thank you,Chana, for posting. Shua a”h was truly a special mitzvah boy.It was pointed out to us that he didn’t leave empty-handed but took with him heavy suitcases full of countless chapters of Tehilim said on his behalf during his last week of life, as well as many hachlotos (kabalot)made by people for his recovery. I’m sure that he delivered them before HKB”Hand that he will be happy to bring before Hashem Yisborach all of the good deeds that anyone will do in his memory.
    WISHING ALL OF KLAL YISRAEL A KETIVA VACHATIMAH TOVA

  2. Elke Goldberg

    Not a dry eye in our community in Melbourne when this tragedy occurred. The Gordons are truly respected role models and teachers of Torah. They live and breathe Yiddishkeit, Chassidishkeit and Emunah. May Hashem comfort them and reward them for their good deeds, and may we all be reunited with the coming of Moshiach immediately.

  3. Dearest Mina. How beautifully your family speaks of Shua, always with an emphasis on mitzvos and goodness.
    With love and respect,
    Rishe

  4. There is SO much to learn from the joy that Mina and her family spread!

Leave a Reply

RSS
Subscribe
Instagram
Join Group